Easy and Nutritious
If you want something nutrient-rich that will leave you feeling full and satisfied this fall, these Spice Pumpkin Energy Balls are for you! They are a great source of whole grains, protein, fiber, and antioxidants as well as the healthy, “feel-good” spice, cinnamon.
They are not only super delicious and nourishing sweet treats, but also unbelievably easy to make. In fact, these energy balls require absolutely no cooking. Just follow the simple recipe below to make these cozy fall sweets.
Please note this recipe uses sticky ingredients like nut butter; so, if you have symptoms of dysphasia (difficulty swallowing), you may find this recipe more difficult to swallow.
Spice Pumpkin Energy Balls Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Refrigerate Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Serving: 14, 3” Energy Balls
Parchment paper or non-stick tray
- 1 cup dried dates
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cup oats
- 1 1/2 cup any nut butter
- ½ cup Skinny Syrup Pumpkin Caramel or honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend all the ingredients together in a blender.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- When at least one hour has passed, place parchment paper on a tray or use a non-stick tray. Take the mixture out of the refrigerator. Form the mixture into 3” balls and line then on the tray.
Looking for more easy to make recipes? Try out my recipe for Cranberry Balls & Dark Chocolate Hummus Dip!
Lacy Ngo, MS, RDN
Visit Lacy’s website to learn more about her work.