Volunteers are essential to the mission of Hospice & Community Care. Volunteers provide a variety of services to assist the patient, family, organization or community. Did you know that the Medicare law that defines hospice care in the United States, which was enacted in 1982, requires that volunteer hours equal at least 5% of the hospice provider’s total patient care hours?
Volunteers help our nonprofit organization maximize our healthcare resources while also connecting us to the community in unique ways. Last year alone Hospice & Community Care Volunteers gave more than 18,000 hours of service.
For many, the unique combination of trained hospice professionals and volunteers enhances the hospice experience.
Our volunteers are ordinary people, with different backgrounds and experiences, they all have a common goal: to share their extraordinary gifts with people in times of great need. There are many ways a volunteer can contribute.
To learn more about volunteering with Hospice & Community Care contact us at 803-329-1500 or email@example.com.
- Coming Home Again April 3, 2019
- It’s About Helping Others and Learning February 25, 2019
- Hospice & Community Care Announces Grief Reach Capacity Building Grant from New York Life Foundation February 20, 2019
- Here to help, love, and take care… January 30, 2019
- Grief in the Year of Firsts December 27, 2018