Did you know that one in four deaths in the United States is a veteran? Trained to survive and protect, veterans have unique needs when facing end-of-life. Hospice & Community Care addresses these needs with our “We Honor Veterans” program that offers individualized support for veterans under our care.
In addition to special recognition ceremonies for our veteran patients, Hospice & Community Care has undertaken a project to design and build a Veterans Garden to acknowledge the service of veterans in our community. The garden features monuments to five branches of service and memorial pavestones. A central flag pole flies the United States flag, while flag poles with service flags circle the garden.
We invite you to save the date and join us at our Veterans Garden Ribbon Cutting and Dedication Ceremony on Friday, September 22, 2017, at 10 a.m. on the Hospice & Community Care Campus.
- Volunteering as a Core Value June 5, 2019
- A Role that Makes a Difference … May 30, 2019
- Coming Home Again April 3, 2019
- It’s About Helping Others and Learning February 25, 2019
- Hospice & Community Care Announces Grief Reach Capacity Building Grant from New York Life Foundation February 20, 2019