Hope & Remembrance is a memorial service to honor and remember family members who have died.
Held twice annually in our garden chapel, it offers a simple and moving service that is open to everyone in the community. Held in the evening, the garden is energized as young and old gather together for a single purpose – to pay homage to those they love.
“Different colored butterflies begin to fill the jute while music plays softly in the background.”
During the service, participants write their loved one’s name on a paper butterfly and pin it onto jute netting, a tangible act of closure. Various relationships are recognized: grandparent, parent, child, sibling, friend, Veteran. Different colored butterflies begin to fill the jute while music plays softly in the background. The last group recognized and honored are those who served in the military. A Veteran invites other Veterans to stand for a final salute while “Taps” flows from a trumpet, filling the air for all to hear.
- Grateful to Serve August 22, 2019
- York Invitational Golf Tournament Supports Hospice August 22, 2019
- 2019 Pitching and Riding August 14, 2019
- What It Is All About… Volunteer Profile, Carolyn Bartles August 14, 2019
- May the Blessing Continue… August 13, 2019